AVFM 6.1 Area-Velocity Flow Meter
- No flume or weir required – submersible ultrasonic sensor measures velocity and level simultaneously to calculate flow. No moving parts to wear, foul, or clog.
- Built-in 5-button keypad, intuitive menu, and large backlit LCD display make the AVFM 6.1 the most operator-friendly area velocity flow meter on the market.
- Fast, simple, installation and setup.
- Improved performance in a wider range of operating conditions.
- At a glance, view flow rate, velocity, level, totalizer, relay status, and important diagnostic information on the LCD display.
- Three isolated 4-20mA outputs for flow rate, velocity, and level, and two relay outputs for pulse output or alarm.
- 6.5 million point data logger for greater flexibility of data monitoring, control, and reporting.
- Min, Max, and Total Flow data from the last 365 days is available on the LCD display, or download directly to a USB for easy reporting.
- Monitors flow rate, volume total, run hours, and diagnostic information through only two wires with the optional Modbus RTU serial communication output.
Measure flow through partially filled pipes, channels, canals and turnouts without a flume or weir. Ideal for wastewater, stormwater, effluent, industrial wastewater and irrigation water. Configuration is simple: enter the pipe diameter or channel shape and the AVFM 6.1 computes the flow volume and displays the flow rate. Measure forward and reverse flow and calibrate to channels of any shape.
How It Works
The AVFM 6.1 uses a submerged ultrasonic sensor to measure both Velocity and Level in the channel. The sensor is completely sealed with no orifices or ports. It mounts inside a pipe or at the bottom of a channel